Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hey gang!

Once again, sorry for the delay. I will have an update tomorrow!

I got a comment in my last entry saying City Harvest has only received 400 boxes of Rice-A-Roni. Something is extremely fishy about that, as NBC has received wayyyyy more than that. Some of my Amazon orders were slow in fullfilment, but NBC has signed and accepted far more than that. The only thing I can think is that City Harvest was only counting CASES or boxes that contained multiple boxes of RAR as "one box." If anyone wants to look into that for me, please do.

As I said, I'll update with donations and new orders tomorrow, and dig up all the package tracking numbers to confirm that all the Amazon orders have been delivered.

Again, something is fishy, as I've places orders of over 300 boxes of Rice-A-Roni from EACH of 3 or 4 different online vendors, and I've only had one Amazon shipment refused (which I then reordered), so NBC had received way more than that. Perhaps they have given some of the RAR to other charities, or maybe they're holding onto a large quantity at this point.

If I get a chance, I'll do some digging with the folks at City Harvest and NBC, but if anyone else wants to do the legwork on that it would be MUCH appreciated.

Back soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vote for Journeyman on www.scifi.com/scifiwire. They have a poll asking which show you want back the most now that the strike is over. Maybe if it gets enough votes SciFi Channel will consider running it.